- Source packages compressed in the formats: tar.gz, tar.bz2 and zip
- Windows installer with Umit and Higwidgets only
- Windows installer with Umit, Higwidgets and every related dependencies
Linux users should take a look at README file inside source packages for installation instructions.
About this testing release:
Umit has been running through great changes during this Summer of Code to turn into a more powerfull and stable tool for network administrators. But, as SoC students doesn't have much time for testing, and to much work to be done, I'll be releasing testing versions until the SoC deadline. These releases are intended to collect feedback from users and find some bugs, that are going to be fixed until the next stable release.
If you did find any bug, please, register it at source forge project bug page, describing it as better as you can and if is that the case, try to send also the nmap command, output, and XML output that caused the problem. Try to be as clearer as possible, so I can fix it faster. ;-)
- Colored Nmap output, with a preferences window that allow user to select wich colors he feels better with
- New parser, about 6 times faster and able to manipulate nmap XML output files far greater than your computer memory can store
- Fixed some save/load/close scan bugs. Now, Umit handles saving/loading better that before and closing a running scan leads to the process killing (currently only at Unix like OS). No ghost process anymore.
- Now Umit doesn't show a terminal window while running a scan at windows.
- Now you won't miss nmap errors (like non-root user errors). In the past, Umit wasn't behaving well with then, and was leading to a state that users were unable to understand what happened.
- Fixed a bug at Compare Results window that was avoiding the save of diff files with arbitrary extension. Now you can save your diffs with an extension at the name.
- Nmap colored output surprise for brazilian folks ;-)
 Umit project download page at source forge: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=142490
 Umit project bug report page at source forge: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=142490&atid=752647
 Umit repository (anonymous read access allowed): https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/umit
 Umit website: http://umit.sourceforge.net
 Umit Blog: http://umitproject.blogspot.com
PS: I forgot to change the version number at the About dialog, but don't worry: there will be more versions until the end of this Summer of Code, and I'll fix it until then. ;-)