I also got some bug reports from people arround the world. Some of them, are already fixed, but until the next release, the unfixed bugs will be fixed.
Now it comes the most interesting part of this post: new features!
I've been thinking about some improvements and got some suggestions of users, and compiled everything in the following features list for the next version.
- Register MIME for files generated by UMIT, so people can quickly view scan results with a double-click
- Create shortcuts for xorg menu, windows start menu and Mac OS X finder
- Improve UMIT performance and decrease memory usage, specially when scanning hundreds or thousands of hosts
- Search on results
- Generate scan reports
- Improve HTML Diffs design
- Change/Improve the way Vulnerability level is calculated
- Create app packets for Mac OS X
- Create packages for most used Linux Distros like Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise and Slackware
- Improve documentation
If someone want to add a feature to the list, add a comment to this post, and I'll see if it's possible to add it to the next UMIT version. If not, we can see if you want to contribute adding yourself this feature.
Let's ride... ;-)